Wednesday, April 9, 2014

ARE YOUR TRIALS DRIVING YOU TO GOD?















THERE IS PEACE IN THE LORD’S ARMS!

Psalm 84:3-4
Even the sparrow finds a home,
and the swallow a nest for herself,
where she may lay her young,
at your altars, O LORD of hosts,
my King and my God.
Blessed are those who dwell in your house,
ever singing your praise! Selah

Blessed are those who dwell in the house of the LORD. Blessed are those who know the everlasting Creator of all, who know Him as their King and their God. God cares for His own.

Luke 12:6-7
Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And not one of them is forgotten before God. Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows.
       
Matthew 6:26-30
Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

We live in a world filled with sin, and sin hurts people! Families are hurt continuously because of sin. Our world has rulers who not only do evil, but also uphold it. People are suffering financially, many times caused by greed. Diseases are causing pain and sorrow; people are hurting in so many ways.

Where is God? Our God has everything in control! At times His eternal purposes are not easily seen, but we must trust His word.
 
Hebrews 13:6
So we can confidently say,
“The Lord is my helper;
I will not fear;
what can man do to me?”

The Lord is our helper, and He desires for us to come closer to Him. The Lord does not want us to worry, but to rest in Him.

1 Peter 5:6-7
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Where else can we go, if not to Him? We must humble ourselves. We must recognize God’s sovereign control, we must trust His wisdom, we must believe in His power, and find peace in His love.

Matthew 11:28-30
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Life in this world is often ‘heavy laden’, but those who know God can find settled peace in Him.

John 16:33
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

We must not let the cares of the world tempt us to find a solution somewhere else.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

God does not allow us to suffer without an eternal purpose, and He will not allow us to suffer without providing the necessary grace to sustain us during the trial. 
God is driving us into His arms, for that is where we can find peace.

If God is our King, then we must be willing to obey Him; if He is our Lord, we must willing to submit to Him; if He is our God, then we must be willing to trust Him. When we do, then we will find peace and we will praise, even with tears in our eyes, our wonderful God.


As I write these words, I am thinking of friends who are going through very difficult times, and all I can say is I am glad they know God and pray that they will know Him even more deeply, as they trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment