Wednesday, May 21, 2014

WHEN I LOSE SIGHT OF GOD…













READ PSALM 89

I  HAVE FORGOTTEN THE CREATOR AND SUSTAINER OF THE UNIVERSE, WHO LOVES ME!

Psalm 89:5-9
Let the heavens praise your wonders, O LORD,
your faithfulness in the assembly of the holy ones!
For who in the skies can be compared to the LORD?
Who among the heavenly beings is like the LORD,
a God greatly to be feared in the council of the holy ones,
and awesome above all who are around him?
O LORD God of hosts,
who is mighty as you are, O LORD,
with your faithfulness all around you?
You rule the raging of the sea;
when its waves rise, you still them.

What a wonderful description of God the writer of this psalms brings to our attention.

Creation praises God! How sad, when men look at nature and fail to see the wonder of its Creator. How can we live our days distracted by the cares of this world and fail to be overwhelmed with praise? We get up in the morning and expect our bodies to function: our eyes to see, our ears to hear, our noses to smell, our hands to touch, our minds to think, and we do all this without gratitude and praise.

The writer reminds us of God’s faithfulness, and again we should be overwhelmed with gratitude for God’s faithfulness to us. How many times I have been unfaithful, but I have gone to God fully expecting His forgiveness. As I live my life, I am so prone to look at my circumstances and then question God’s faithfulness toward me. How my attitude for the day would be different, if I took the time to recognize God’s faithfulness to me.

GOD HAS NO RIVALS!

There is no one like Him. No one can divert or prevent His plans. Nothing confuses Him. Nothing delays His will. He is in control of all people; nature cannot resist Him; no one is born or passes away apart from His eternal will.

Psalm 89:11
The heavens are yours; the earth also is yours;
the world and all that is in it, you have founded them.

All is His. And yes, that includes me. I am His, I am His prized possession, He bought me with a price, He is aware of everything about me. No trial comes my way that God has not allowed. No trials last longer than what God knows is necessary for me. No trial is too hard for me, as God promises to give me the strength necessary to endure it. No trial enters my life without an eternal purpose, ordained by the God Whom I praise.

Psalm 89:15-16
Blessed are the people who know the festal shout,
who walk, O LORD, in the light of your face,
who exult in your name all the day
and in your righteousness are exalted.

Why do I feel at times so lost, so discouraged, maybe even hopeless? Well, the answer is easy: I have lost sight of my God. I am not walking with an awareness of His presence, His care, His wisdom, His power, and His love.

When I live in His presence, my attitude toward life is very different. My thoughts do not run wild, my fears are conquered, and my doubts find rest. Yes, I am blessed!

Psalm 89:17-18
For you are the glory of their strength;
by your favor our horn is exalted.
For our shield belongs to the LORD,
our king to the Holy One of Israel.

The children of Israel lost sight of God often. At times it was because of the trials they faced, other times because of their sin, but never because God was not faithful to them.

God was always merciful to forgive them and provide for them the shield and protection they needed.

HOW ARE YOU TODAY?


May you and I find strength in Christ, may we not lose sight of His faithfulness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment