Thursday, April 28, 2016

10 AMAZING TRUTHS OF GOD’S LOVE FOR ME













I HAVE MANY REASONS TO PRAISE GOD!

Psalm 40:1-3
1 I waited patiently for the Lord;
he inclined to me and heard my cry.
2 He drew me up from the pit of destruction,
out of the miry bog,
and set my feet upon a rock,
making my steps secure.
3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a song of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear,
and put their trust in the Lord. 

HE is my God! What a privilege to think about our loving God.

1 - He loved me before the foundation of the world.
Ephesians 1:4-5 …even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, 

2 - He loved me when I was His enemy.
Romans 5:8 …but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 

3 - He loved me when I was not even looking for Him.
Romans 3:10-11 as it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God. 

4 - He loved me, so He sent His Son Jesus Christ to die for my sins
John 10:11 I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 

5 - He loved me, so He gave me His Word.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. 

6 - He loved me and sent the Holy Spirit to guide and comfort me.
John 14:16-17 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you. 

7 - He loves me, so He has sealed me with the Holy Spirit.               
Ephesians 1:13-14 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory. 

8 - He loves me, so He protects me.
Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. 

9 - He loves me, so He disciplines me.
Hebrews 12:6 For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives.” 

10 - He loves me, so He gave me the church.
Ephesians 4:11-13 And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, 

The list could go on and on… You are probably thinking that I forgot some other wonderful reasons to rejoice in our God! This is the God Who saved us and walks with us. David knew this holy God, the eternal, perfectly wise, powerful-without-limit, loving God who chose to reveal Himself to us, and graciously chose to love us when we could offer nothing to Him. We cannot even offer our ability to remain faithful, because it is He Who gives and sustains faith.

David waited for Him in his times of distress, and found in Him the comfort he was looking for.


God listens to our cries, He hears what no one else hears, He knows the pains that we do not even know how to explain. What a wonderfully comforting image inspired by God, in verse 1, to portray Himself as kindly inclining toward His distressed child!

God is perfectly able to bring us out of the deepest, most destructive hole we will ever be in. In fact, there is no deeper or more desperate place than our state before He saved us. God places us in a safe place, where our steps are secure. He guides us, informing us about how we should walk through life, what our goals should be, where our joy should come from, where we should place our confidence, what we should avoid, what we should actively run from.

Our eternal destiny is secure, our present is cared for, and our future is sure. He is our God! Do you know the God of the Bible? He is not a god created by man. As you study the Bible, you will find out that He is more holy that you ever imagined, that you are more unworthy than you ever understood, that He is far more wise, powerful and loving than you could ever comprehend. You cannot know Him through your thoughts, feelings or imagination. Your only valid source of information about God comes from His Word, which is the Bible. All other supposed revelations about God are NOT true and are not worthy of belief.

So then, how should you live, when you are related to God as His believing child, and thus an inheritor with Christ of all spiritual blessings?

A new song of praise should be the natural outflow of this awareness. Why is it not always like this? Because we lose sight of the grace of God. What should we do if we find ourselves failing to praise God? Stop – reflect – meditate – thank – praise.

God never changes, no matter the circumstance or the trial we are facing. He is consistently faithful to His character and His promises. He is, at all times, worthy of our praise.

A praising believer will cause others to become aware of the God of the Bible. Our lives will attract others to Christ, when, in the midst of our trials, we rest in God and praise Him for His help.

He is my God! I will praise Him for revealing Himself to me, for transforming my life, for giving me a sure hope of eternal blessing, and for using me to shine for Him. It is definitely worthwhile to wait on God!


No comments:

Post a Comment