Wednesday, January 22, 2014

PRAISING GOD IN THE MIDST OF TEARS!


OUR LOVING GOD IS ALWAYS WILLING TO FORGIVE HIS REPENTANT CHILD

Psalm 66:16-20
            16 Come and hear, all you who fear God,
                        and I will tell what he has done for my soul.
            17 I cried to him with my mouth,
                        and high praise was on my tongue.
            18 If I had cherished iniquity in my heart,
                        the Lord would not have listened.
            19 But truly God has listened;
                        he has attended to the voice of my prayer.
            20 Blessed be God,
                        because he has not rejected my prayer
                        or removed his steadfast love from me!

God has listened to me! God is my faithful loving Father. He is the one who heals my wounds. He has rescued me from my life of sin. The Lord watches over my steps, He has protected me  many times that I have seen, and so many more that I have never been aware of. He rescues me through the words of the Bible that are so pertinent. He has cared for me through the words of a faithful pastor or preacher. I have been blessed through the love of godly brothers and sisters in Christ. My God has perfectly cared for me, and even when I have strayed, He has brought me back to Himself.

Dear friends, is not this the testimony that all of us could give? Are these not the words that should be on our lips daily?

The psalmist is calling us to praise with him, but he is also challenging us to testify of Him.

This testimony is about the care God has for our souls. Dear friends, are you aware of the many ways God has and is caring for your soul? At times, we are so focused on our physical needs that we lose sight of the loving and tender way the Lord cares for our inner being.

As the writer cries out to God in his difficulty, his words are equally accompanied by faithful praise. The difficulty he is living through is not blurring his awareness of God’s faithful care. So many times, when I have taken the time to reflect, I have been able to see how God had prepared me and my past circumstances to deal with the difficulty at hand. Other times, I have seen the unfolding of God’s provision and preparation, as the trial moved along. Nevertheless, I know that God has never abandoned me in the past, and will never do that in the future. Expectant praise should always accompany my requests for His help.

How much easier and more productive our times of trial and difficulties would be, if we truly rested in faith on the perfect and loving sovereignty of God. It’s not easy; we must prepare our own hearts, and help others be ready. The apostle Paul knew both the reality of trials and the reality of God’s love, and that is why he prayed that the believers would know the same more and more.

Ephesians 3:14-19
            For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
           
This should be one of scripture’s prayers that we commonly pray for each other. Is there someone you should pray for right now? Have you spent more time praying that circumstances would change than praying that their soul would be blessed?

The writer reminds us that purity of heart is very important. At times, our trial is the loving way God is bringing attention to our sin. We must confess and come close to God. At times our response to the difficult circumstances is sinful, and we must confess our lack of faith and submission. God is reminding us that we must not allow sin to reign in our lives.

The wonderful blessing is that God never rejects our honest prayers and is always listening. He is not too busy or distracted. His attention is always perfect and His answer is always appropriate. Oh, how He loves to hear His children cry out to Him, as they become more and more dependent upon Him.

I wonder if His words to me many times would be: “Why did you not come sooner? Why did you not trust Me more?”

I need these words to remind me and to prepare me for the difficulties that I will have to encounter in my daily living. God’s love is continuous and faithful. He loves me because of His faithfulness, not because of mine!

Do not wait to go to God. Even though you might have strayed, His faithfulness and His perfect and steadfast love are the bases on which you can return to Him with full assurance of His grace.

Dear friend, we have said it before: life is hard, pain is real, but our God is greater than all our hurts and all our sin. May our cries to Him be accompanied by our trust and praise!



No comments:

Post a Comment