Thursday, July 2, 2015

HAVE YOU ALLOWED CIRCUMSTANCES TO STOP YOU FROM PRAISING GOD?












START THE DAY PRAISING THE LORD!

Psalm 146
Praise the LORD!
Praise the LORD, O my soul!
I will praise the LORD as long as I live;
I will sing praises to my God while I have my being.

This is how we all need to start our day! Praise the LORD, O my soul!

Praise Him that I am alive and that I know Him. Praise Him because I know that He has revealed Himself through His Word. Praise the Lord because I know His grace. Praise the Lord that I am forgiven. Praise the Lord that I have direction for my life. Praise the Lord because I have a Good Shepherd. Praise the Lord that He has prepared good works for me to do today. Praise the Lord that God wants to use me to help advance the Gospel in the lives of the people around me. Praise the Lord…and I just got us started!  Let’s not stop…

As we think about the Lord, it is obvious that we should not trust in man, but only in the Lord Himself.

Psalm 146:3-4
Put not your trust in princes,
in a son of man, in whom there is no salvation.
When his breath departs, he returns to the earth;
on that very day his plans perish.
           
Mortal men have no power to do anything apart from God. Therefore, to trust in man is in vain.  I know I will be disappointed if entrust my joy or comfort to the behavior of people around me. I should not look to them for help or care, but to the Lord. If God chooses to use men, then my praise still needs to go my heavenly father.

Psalm 146:5-9
Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob,
whose hope is in the LORD his God,
who made heaven and earth,
the sea, and all that is in them,
who keeps faith forever;
who executes justice for the oppressed,
who gives food to the hungry.
The LORD sets the prisoners free;
the LORD opens the eyes of the blind.
The LORD lifts up those who are bowed down;
the LORD loves the righteous.
The LORD watches over the sojourners;
he upholds the widow and the fatherless,
but the way of the wicked he brings to ruin.

God is active and caring; He, the Creator of heaven and earth, certainly has the power to take care of me. God is faithful and just, He is the provider, He is the one who can free us from our difficulties. God has proven Himself time and time again. It was the Lord who opened our eyes so that we could contemplate our great salvation. He has made us free from the bondage of sin. He is the One who raises up the humble, and watches over and upholds us.

Psalm 146:10
The LORD will reign forever,
your God, O Zion, to all generations.
Praise the LORD!


The LORD will reign forever; only He is utterly trustworthy and fully sufficient. So we praise the LORD! What a way to start our day!

No comments:

Post a Comment