Tuesday, December 22, 2015

WHY DO YOU FEAR? YOUR LIFE COULD BE DIFFERENT!













THE LORD GOES BEFORE ME AND SHINES A LIGHT OVER EVERY SHADOW

Psalm 27

1 The Lord is my light and my salvation;
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid?

If we could only live in light of this truth, each of our days would be much different! The Lord goes before me and shines a light over every shadow. The Lord, who saved us by giving His life for us, is the One who has promised to provide clarity and help for the shadows of each day.

My problem, our problem, is that we want to have clarity for tomorrow, too. We fear because of our imagined futures, instead of enjoying the light God sheds on today’s needs.

Our lack of light is also, for many, due to the absence of the Word of God from their daily lives.

Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

Psalm 43:3
Send out your light and your truth;
let them lead me;
let them bring me to your holy hill
and to your dwelling!

We certainly need the light, so why do we not go to the light? Then we wonder why we fear during difficulties. We fear because we do not know the character of God, because we do not know His Word; we do not know His promises for the same reason.

I desire to live without fear, to know where my Stronghold is and know that I do not need to fear anyone!

Are you worried? Are you overwhelmed by others? Are you facing situations that are too great for you? Well go to the light, rest in the truth!

Enemies are real! But you don’t have to pretend they are not present, or that they are overwhelmingly fearsome.

2 When evildoers assail me
to eat up my flesh,
my adversaries and foes,
it is they who stumble and fall.
3 Though an army encamp against me,
my heart shall not fear;
though war arise against me,
yet I will be confident.

God knows what to do with your enemies. They seem strong, they are evil, but we know who the Victor is! Yes, they might be scheming against you, but our God knows their thoughts and their intentions; He is never taken by surprise. Our hearts do not need to fear, even though our emotions might want to take control. We must be careful about how we are feeding them. Are we informing our minds and hearts with truth, or are we allowing our imaginations to run wild? Our enemies might rise against us, but we can be confident. Confiding in ourselves will make us fall, but confiding in God will give us peace.

You might have already decided what you want an outcome to be, but you need to trust God to guide you, love you, and protect you in the outcome He chooses for you.

Dear friends, I am concerned that we often live in fear instead of trust, in confusion instead of clarity.

Sometimes we allow our feelings to run our lives, instead of God’s truth. There is no enemy who is stronger than the Lord, there is no enemy raised up against you who can take our loving God by surprise. In fact, even a group, an army of enemies, is not stronger than our Lord.

Maybe it’s time to stop and ask yourself, if you are fearful, what the cause is for your fear. And then talk to God about that. I believe that some of us can get so self-focused that our hope is lost. God’s purpose in allowing enemies into our lives is to bring us closer to Him and to teach us to find our security in His arms.

We must confess our sin of distrust and self-reliance, and then align our lives with the truth of the Word of God. Even if you are experiencing a time of peace, I am sure that you have a friend who needs you to help him focus on God in the way David did.


May God help us to enjoy our life with complete trust in our Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment