Tuesday, February 21, 2017

THIS IS HOW YOU SHOULD START YOUR DAY













WHAT KIND OF PICTURE OF GOD DOES OUR DAILY LIFE PAINT?

Psalm 75:1
We give thanks to you, O God;
we give thanks, for your name is near.
We recount your wondrous deeds.

Are you grateful today? Is there something I should be thanking God for? Obviously the answer is easy… Yes!

I am loved by the almighty God, Who has cared for me in every way! God has revealed Himself to me through the Scriptures; He has provided my salvation through Jesus Christ. Christ lived a perfect life, died a cruel death, and rose again victorious, so that any of us who trust Him can have the gift of eternal life and forgiveness of their sins. I most certainly have something to be grateful for!

But often, I allow temporary circumstances to obscure the glorious truth of the Gospel. I am trapped by my worldly thinking and lose sight of my eternal blessings in Christ.

Psalm 75:2-5
 “At the set time that I appoint
I will judge with equity.
When the earth totters, and all its inhabitants,
it is I who keep steady its pillars. Selah
I say to the boastful, ‘Do not boast,’
and to the wicked, ‘Do not lift up your horn;
do not lift up your horn on high,
or speak with haughty neck.’”

In His time, God will judge all things with equity. Even though some live ignoring or mocking God, in due time God will bring justice. The psalmist invites all not to boast, because God’s judgment is sure.

We should always remember that we have received grace from God, rather than what we deserve. Believers’ lives are embraced by the grace of God.

Psalm 75:6-8
For not from the east or from the west
and not from the wilderness comes lifting up,
but it is God who executes judgment,
putting down one and lifting up another.
For in the hand of the LORD there is a cup
with foaming wine, well mixed,
and he pours out from it,
and all the wicked of the earth
shall drain it down to the dregs.

It is the sovereign God who puts down and lifts up the rulers on the earth. We are privileged to know Who will be the final victor and Who is really in control. As we look at the situations around the world, things seem in great upheaval, but we should never forget that God is in total control, and He will execute His judgments with perfect justice.

Psalm 75:9-10
But I will declare it forever;
I will sing praises to the God of Jacob.
All the horns of the wicked I will cut off,
but the horns of the righteous shall be lifted up.

Our words should continuously proclaim our privilege of knowing that God will take care of us. God knows what He is doing and we should trust Him.

We need to begin our days by rehearsing the truth we know about God:

1 – God is in perfect control
2 – God has revealed Himself to us
3 – God has shown grace to us
4 – God is our refuge and friend
5 – God will bring justice in due time
6 – God loves hearing our praises
7 – God loves us perfectly

At this point, the question we should ask ourselves is: “What will my life declare to others about God today?”
What will people learn about God, as a result of having lived around us?


May our praise of Him be loud and clear!

No comments:

Post a Comment