Tuesday, August 22, 2017

I AM SECURE!












ANGELS COMMANDED BY GOD ARE PROTECTING ME

READ PSALM 91

Psalm 91:9-13
Because you have made the LORD your dwelling place—
the Most High, who is my refuge—
no evil shall be allowed to befall you,
no plague come near your tent.

For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways.
On their hands they will bear you up,
lest you strike your foot against a stone.
You will tread on the lion and the adder;
the young lion and the serpent you will trample underfoot.

From a human viewpoint, how could these verses be true? I live in an evil world and often I feel that I am a victim of the schemes and actions of the evil people around me. I live with the reality of injustice! I live with the pain of broken relationships! I live with the constraints of financial burdens and difficulties! I am surrounded by the scorn of those who hate what is right and approve of those who do wrong! I even face the reality of a decaying body that speeds me along to my encounter with death!

But my shelter is God! Tents were not palaces or fortresses. They provided very little protection in themselves, but they provided all the shelter necessary, when God surrounded them with His love and the care of His angels.

The most vicious enemy, the strongest animal, or the most insurmountable obstacle cannot deter the care and love of God.

I lose sight of God so easily! I see the giants and I lose sight of the Most High. I am sick and lose sight of the Great Physician! I am lonely and I lose sight of the Great Shepherd!  I encounter financial difficulties and I lose sight of the Great Provider.

The writer of this psalm, inspired by God, is inviting us to sing this song, as we walk through the difficulties of life. I am protected. I am taken care of. Even if I were to lose my life, it would only quicken my journey to an eternal state of wonder and blessing in the presence of God.

Have you experienced a thunderstorm, and thanked God that you were in the safety of your home and not out in the street? As believers, we should live each day of our lives knowing that although there are many kinds of storms, we face them in the secure protection of our Savior.

Our eternal destiny is secure, and our daily walk is protected. God has a host of angels who will move to our side at the command of the Sovereign Lord of the universe.

As we reflect on this psalm, may the words and the tunes of this wonderful hymn encourage us today:

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

Refrain:
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.

Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels, descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment