Thursday, August 24, 2017

WHAT ARE YOU WILLING TO DO TO KNOW GOD?












A BELIEVER’S UNDESERVED PRIVILEGE!

READ PSALM 91

Psalm 91:14-16
“Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him;
I will protect him, because he knows my name.
When he calls to me, I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will rescue him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”

God’s conditions are clear: one must trustingly love Him and know His name. Such a relationship is for those who know that the God of the Bible is the only true God, and that all other gods are false, created by the imagination of men! When one knows God, he will then love and trust Him.

How encouraging to see that His promise is not for those who deserve it or have earned it. It is for those who depend on God even for the strength and desire to love Him, those who hold fast to Him. In other words, it is for those who recognize how desperately they need God.

Dear friends, our trials cause us to cling to God. They cause us to be aware of our frailty, and thrust us into the arms of God. They are not a curse, but are a blessing!

I am so quick to desire reprieve and comfort, but I should desire all that keeps me aware of my brokenness, my need for His shelter and help.

When I call upon my God, He answers me; when I am in trouble, He is close. It is then that God will rescue me. I will find satisfaction in God when all else is peeled away. During the trials, I will be more aware of God’s care and salvation.

Jesus was looking for Israel to love God with all their hearts, souls, minds and strength.

Mark 12:29-30
Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’

God wants us to do the same! What will it take? How will God get my attention? Is that what I truly desire?
Am I willing to walk in the desert to become thirstier for the Living Water?
Am I willing to go through trials to become more aware of the only Shelter?
Am I willing to go through financial difficulties to become more dependent upon His provision?
Am I willing to go through difficult relationships to hold fast to my Heavenly Father for fellowship?
Am I willing to go through physical difficulties to trust the Great Physician?

We have the privilege to know God and to love Him; why would we ever trust anyone else!? Our prayer life exposes where we are looking for strength and comfort. Our dependence upon the Scriptures displays our desire to know our God.

We will be different today, if we remember the privilege we have as believers! May our lives be lived in view of what is eternal; may we be continually amazed and blessed by our undeserved relationship with the God of the universe!


No comments:

Post a Comment