Tuesday, March 17, 2015

DO YOU NEED ENCOURAGEMENT TODAY?













GOD IS MY ALL: I SHALL LOOK UP!

Psalm 121
I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From where does my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
who made heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot be moved;
he who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD is your keeper;
the LORD is your shade on your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all evil;
he will keep your life.
The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in
from this time forth and forevermore.

Read it! Reread it! Be humbled by it! Be surprised by it! Be amazed by it! Be embraced by it! Be loved by it!

The Creator of the universe cares about me! My Protector never sleeps! My life is in all-powerful hands! My every step is carefully guided!

My God is the one who created all by His word! My Protector is the one who, by His word, calmed the storm! My Keeper is the one who brought a man back to life by His word! The One who watches over me is my only sure help!

Yes, I do need help! And yes, I need someone to protect me from stumbling! I need to live in shadow of the omnipotent God! And how I need protection from evil!

I am cared for if I start to stumble, if I need shelter; I will always need help!

Are you amazed that the Creator and sustainer of the universe cares for you?

Are there too many exclamation points? Well, this Psalm IS an exclamation point!

Oh, how I need to live like a pilgrim: unattached to the things of this world, driven by heavenly things! The pilgrim, as he returned to Jerusalem, looked at the city on the hill. He knew that the God of Israel was his only hope. And what an all-sufficient hope He was!

Dear friend, are you looking up, or down? I know that when I look up I am never disappointed, I never have reason to fear. My Lord is never distracted, He will never forsake me!

This psalm does not need many comments, but it should promote a time of grateful adoration. My day will be different, because I know and believe that I am cared for by my Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment